Xposed Framework

Xposed | Installer | Modules | Guides

Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting | How to root your device?

   

Rooting your device expands it to changes the manufacturers limit while making the device and locking down the permissions. Diving into the expansion of this post, we would be looking out for: What is rooting, What advantages does it give, What disadvantages it gives and a bit more on it!

So, beginning with,

What is rooting?

android rooting

Rooting is gaining access to the whole operating system. Which majority of the manufacturers decide not to give to their customers in order prevent exploitation of the device.

As in apple devices, this is known as jailbreaking.

What advantages does rooting give?

The main aim of rooting is to gain permissions which the device doesn’t allow you to, while being unrooted.

Advantages of rooting your device:

advantages and benefits of rooting

  1. Customization: The main objective the majority of users who decide to root their device is customization. What it means is, you can install custom roms, install various modules and much more!
  2. More apps: Rooting also allows access to the pirated market. Now, some might just say that we can simply download any apk and we’re good to go. Well, root access to certain apps makes it hassle-free! In-app purchases become free to some extent as well!
  3. Overclock: One thing people obsessed with gadgets would want to do is, unleashing the true power capped by the manufacturers. Rooting gives access to the permissions required to overclock!

Also if you’ve rooted your phone then you can install xposed framework for lollipop.

What disadvantages does rooting give?

Disadvantages are mere, as the limits which can be reached of the device by rooting is really good! But, there is 1 heft one, that can turn tables around. (We won’t be responsible for anything)

Disadvantages of rooting your device:

  1. Warranty: Rooting your device voids the warranty, simply ’cause the permissions gained by rooting are limitless, you completely own the device now, which manufacturers don’t approve as to protect their respective brands.
  2. Bricking your phone: There are 99% chances that everything would go right, but, there 1% chance that you might end up bricking your phone.
  3. Exploitation: Rooting does provide hell lotta permissions, but, some apps are out there in the pirate world, which can exploit those permissions and misuse.

Methods of rooting:

kingroot

There are several methods out there, which allows one to root their device. Some involve the use of computer(command), while some are 1-click apps to make it hassle-free. The most known methods are by using: Kingoroot or by using the Command method via your computer(ADB)

Final thoughts: 

Rooting enables the device to allow permissions which are restricted before. It not only gives that, but a better over-all experience if done right! Installing custom roms, overclocking, or installing modules. You can get a hell out of your device!

Advisory: Root at your own risk, it’s advised to do so after the warranty expires, ’cause that’s when usually devices start to misbehave.

Updated: 12/02/2017 — 10:10 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Xposed Framework © 2016 Frontier Theme